Friday, February 3, 2012

Chumash Cave Paintings

Okay-I'm really not great at keeping up with this blog-maybe someday I'll get better at this! lol I have several I want to share so maybe this time I will keep posting on it.

Not all of my paintings are fruit and wine -I get to make some interesting paintings for people that have different plans for their home to make it match things that are important to them - especially if you love the history and life of people from our past.this going.
  



This one  is of some cave drawings that I painted for a lady in California building her home in an area that was where the Chumash Indian tribe had once lived. They were a small tribe and there is not a lot available on line about them. I was sent a book cover that showed some of their art that the customer really liked.  I looked on line for more -and this is what I came up with to show their style and hopefully represent their culture.  It is painted on 12  inch stone -3 high by 3 wide-I painted it to fit the area so the tile could be installed without cutting (but I did crop the picture). Here is the finished installation - I hope you enjoy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment