Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cowtown

This is a mural I did as a display for a large tile store in Ft. Worth. We discussed about painting  Cowtown and the Stockyards so that would represent the city. We talked about all the things that could fulfill that goal-Bass Hall, The "Tarantula" train, the Stockyards, the cattle drive mural in downtown Ft. Worth, and of course,the beautiful courthouse. This was painted on 16" tumbled marble. I painted it like you would see a  sports posters-fading from one scene to the next. I loved the way it all worked out. After installing it in the front of the store-where it was the first thing you saw,the manager called and asked if I could add to it to spread it out a little more.

My daughter and I went to the store to add to it-thinking two artists would be faster than one. But it had to be a funny sight as my daughter was quite pregnant with her son and the mural was low and hard to get to paint. We added a windmill and the Texas flag,an armadillo,etc. We were happy with the finished product. Unfortunately, the tile store  recently closed that location and moved to a Dallas store. The good news is that they did call and told me that they saved the mural and I now have it-I'll probably end up putting it in another Ft. Worth store. I have sold several variations of the mural-enjoy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment